Fortnite Update 20.40 Patch Notes, Downtime, Obi-Wan Launch, PlayStation V-bucks & MORE | Games | Entertainment
Fortnite developer Epic Games is gearing up to release update 20.40 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch. The new Fortnite update has a release date of May 17 and a launch time of 9am BST in the UK. Of course, as a major update, the new Fortnite update will come with a server downtime, which is expected to last a few hours.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with a brief teaser on what to expect.
Epic Tweets: “Make room for a showdown! Update v20.40 is scheduled for May 17. Downtime will begin at 4:00 AM ET, with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes prior.”
According to the tweet, Epic Games will use the update to deepen the storyline between IO and The Seven.
A follow-up tweet confirmed plans to launch a shared wallet for V-bucks, which means you can now use your PlayStation V-bucks on other platforms.
Recent rumors suggest that Epic Games will finally bring Obi-Wan Kenobi into the game, along with influencer Ali-A.
Check out the full list of Fortnite update 20.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 20.40 patch notes…
• Fortnite shared wallet for V-bucks
– V-Bucks purchased on PlayStation can be used on all platforms that support the Fortnite Shared Wallet (PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Android and cloud gaming services).
• Players do not receive toast notifications when matched in a party with another player
– Players will not receive social toast notifications when joining the match in a party with other players.
• Traps may sometimes not be placed immediately
– Players may have difficulty placing traps when pressing the “place” button or key in rapid succession.
Battle Royale problems…
• Missing Anvil Rocket Launcher UI
– The Anvil Rocket Launcher is not showing that it locks onto vehicles as intended. It still locks when firing but does not display it.
• Trackers disappear after a player leaves the game
– We are aware of an issue that causes trackers to disappear after a player leaves the game
• Tracking device
– We are aware of an issue that prevents the tracker for teams from updating correctly when multiple teams can use it.
• Joining a creative game in progress can block the new player until the end of the round
– Players may find that rejoining a creative game that is already in progress may result in a complete loss of functionality.
• Vending machine
– We are aware of an issue that causes performance issues when using a vending machine while playing Creative Island
Save the World Problems…
• Legendary Perks cannot be changed using the Perk Recombobulator
– Since Update 20.30, players were unable to update to change their legendary perks on their schematics.
• Destroyed beds do not count towards quest completion
– Two active questlines (Sleep on It from Blockbuster Questline and Destroy: Good Morning from Ventures) task players with destroying beds. Most beds do not count towards quest completion when destroyed