There are 20 possible treasure hunt locations in grand theft auto onlineand the reward for completing the collection is an exclusive Red Dead Redemption 2 armed. Players will also earn $5,000 for each clue while completing the mission. There are a few additional rewards to earn after collecting all the clues and using the new weapon to complete a headshot challenge.
The Treasure Hunt mission was originally part of the Doomsday update in GTA online and came out before Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2 as a way to promote the new game. Although the mission became available in 2017, it is still active. When players join an online session, whether public or private, they will receive an email to start the Treasure Hunt mission. It may take a few minutes for the email to arrive after the session begins.
After finding the initial treasure location, players will need to investigate three clues to complete the mission and unlock the Double Action Revolver.. There is also an additional challenge to unlock a variant of the weapon for Red Dead Redemption 2. After unlocking the weapon, players will need to get 50 headshots to get the variant. Completing the headshot challenge will also net players $250,000 in GTA online.
How to Unlock the Gold Plated Double Action Revolver in GTA Online
The Treasure Hunt mission can be started by opening the email sent by [email protected] and using the clue to determine the correct place to search. GTA online. There are 20 possible slots and players will receive one at random. The email will contain a black and white image of a small search area where a Treasure Hunt mission item can be collected. It is important to note that if players leave a session in the middle of the Treasure Hunt mission, progress will be reset and they will be given a new random location to search.
Each treasure hunt location
- Del Perro Pier: The photo shows the beach next to the Del Perro pier. Starting from where the sand begins, players can head under the pier to find the hidden note pinned to the wooden pillar in the center.
- vineyard hills: The emailed image shows a mountain located north of the Vinewood Hills Observatory. Players can find the note on the Baytree Canyon map in GTA online next to a yellow cabin.
- Mount Josiah: This image shows a distant mountain range, and the note is near the northwest edge of the search area. The note is pinned to a large rock near the edge of the cliff that overlooks a metal bridge.
- Cassidy Creek: In the northern part of the search area by the river, players can find the bridge shown in the emailed image. There is a large tree next to the dirt road where the note can be picked up.
- Great Church of Chaparral: Players will receive an image of a fenced church, and the note is behind the building pinned to a tombstone with a cross.
- Great Chaparral: The tracks in the photo are near the southwest part of the search area, and the note is on a post in front of a cliff that has a gate at the base.
- Grand Senora Desert: This image represents a cliff with a wooden door at the base. The note is pinned to the door in GTA online.
- the Pacific Ocean: The shore shown in the image is at the northeast end of the search area and the note is on a rock near the eastern tip of the island.
- Los Santos Golf Club: Players can find the bridge shown in the picture in the middle of the golf course, and the note is pinned to the post at the west end of the bridge.
- Pacific Bluffs Cemetery: This image shows several rows of graves, and there is a note pinned to one of the large headstones near the southwestern edge of the search area.
- San Chianski Mountain Range: The photo shows a pier which is located in the southwestern part of the search area near the water’s edge. The note is pinned to one of the posts on the cliff across the water from the pier.
- San Chianski Mountain Range: Players can find the wooden cross in the picture on top of the mountain near the northwest edge of the search area. The note is on the cross in GTA online.
- Tataviam Mountains: Players will receive an image of a shoreline with a nearby cliff full of trees. The note is pinned to the base of the cliff at the water’s edge just before the land bridge.
- sandy shores: The cliff in the photo is slightly southwest of the center of the search area. The note can be found pinned to the Chiliad map that is on the wooden platform.
- sandy shores: The rock formation in the photo is near the southwestern edge of the search area and the note is pinned to the base of the larger rock.
- Alamo Sea: At the edge of the search area on the south shore of the Alamo Sea, players will find a beached boat that matches the emailed image. The note is on the large rock next to the boat in GTA online.
- Paleto Bay: The photo shows the shore of Paleto Bay with a broken wooden bridge that is in the northern part of the search area. The note is pinned to a post between the broken bridge pieces.
- Tongva Hills: Near the southeast edge of the search area, players can find the owl statue with the note pinned to the front.
- Tongva Hills Vineyard: Players will be emailed a photo of the vineyard and the note is at the eastern end of the search area. It’s pinned to a rock under the bridge near the vineyard.
- Mount Chiliad: The photo shows the summit of Mount Chiliad in GTA onlineand the note is pinned to a card on a wooden platform.
In addition to the photo received via email, a large yellow search area will also be marked on the map and a chime will sound when players are close to the objective. Players can head to the search box and search for a match to the image they received. There will be a note nearby indicating that the treasure has been moved, then three yellow question marks will be marked on the map. All three clues must be studied to unlock the weapon’s location, and then a final location will be marked. As soon as the Double Action Revolver is picked up from the last slot, the headshot challenge will be unlocked.
How to Complete the Headshot Challenge in Grand Theft Auto Online
Once the Double Action Revolver is unlocked, players can complete a challenge to get 50 headshots to receive a variant of the weapon in Red Dead Redemption 2 as well as a cash bonus GTA online. Players can get headshots on NPCs or other players, and there are a few areas with large numbers of people. However, the best place to get 50 headshots quickly is Del Perro Pier. To help players keep track, a notification will appear every 10 headshots. Rewards will be received as soon as the challenge is completed within GTA online.
Next: How Red Dead’s Online Expansions Could Be Better Than GTA’s Online Heists
grand theft auto online is available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
Roblox Launches He-Man and the Masters of the RPG Universe with Netflix
About the Author